Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wes Welcomes New Start

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

James Wesolowski has revealed he is desperate to put years of injury troubles behind him and make the most of his time on loan at Dundee United.

The 21-year-old Australian midfielder sealed a loan deal for the rest of season with the Scottish Premier League club on the final day of the recent transfer window from English League One side Leicester City.

The former Northern Spirit youngster joined the Foxes in 2004 but his time at Leicester has been ruined by a series of terrible injuries including two broken legs and, more recently, a broken ankle.

Now Wesolowski, who was once involved with the Socceroos under Rob Baan in a friendly against Nigeria in 2007, is desperate to put all that behind him after being given a chance by former Leicester boss Craig Levein, who is currently in charge of United.

Speaking to the Dundee Courier, Wesolowski said: "It means a lot that he (Levein) wants to bring me here and if I can get the chance to help him and Dundee United it would be great."

The luckless Wesolowski, who also went out on loan in October to Cheltenham before that deal was cut short after fracturing an ankle, added: "United have an option to buy me at the end of the season but I am not really thinking too far into the future.

"I just want to get back into playing first-team football again and see what happens from there."

And a fresh opportunity could be just what Wesolowski needs after years of bad luck.

Wesolowski said: "I am mentally strong, so although what happened put me out of action for a while, I think I am a stronger person for it now."

No comments: