Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grella Admits His 'Rubbish' Season

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

Socceroo Vince Grella has admitted he had a 'rubbish' first season at Blackburn but has vowed to improve ahead of his second campaign in the English Premier League.

The Australian midfielder made just 17 appearances for Rovers last season after his $10 million move from Serie A club Torino in August.

"It's been a rubbish year. I'm happy to see the end of it but I'm feeling good now," Grella revealed.

The Socceroo started life at Ewood Park poorly with a bad run of injuries ruling him out of action all too often, before a better run after the turn of the year.

He added "I played with niggles and was just making them worse until some big damage happened and then I had to stay out for while. I was a little bit naive in some cases.

"But at least in the long run I got back to full fitness at the end of the season, I did well and I was happy.

"I'm looking forward to next season and I think I can do a lot better."

No comments: