Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Emerton On The Comeback Trail

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

Brett Emerton's recovery from a long-term cruciate knee ligament injury continues to progress well with the Socceroo aiming for a pre-season return with club Blackburn Rovers.

The 30-year-old midfielder, who hasn't played for Australia since October's 4-0 win over Qatar, told BBC Lancashire Radio he wants to be fit and ready for the start of the upcoming Premier League season.


"Everything's going really well," Emerton said. "I've been running for quite some time now and I'll be looking to rejoin the team during pre-season.

"
The former Feyenoord man also undoubtedly has an eye on being a part of the Australian squad for the 2010 World Cup with the Socceroos having recently claimed qualification for the tournament.

But for now, Emerton admits battling a long-term injury has proved to be quite the challenge.


He added: "The longest spell before this is probably two to three weeks so it's something I haven't encountered before during my career.

"I've been very lucky with injuries, so this is providing a different type of challenge for me. When I was injured I couldn't help thinking I'd like to be out there helping the boys."

No comments: