Saturday, June 20, 2009

Carle Targets Double Dream

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

Nick Carle is dreaming of a memorable 2009-2010 season by setting himself the goals of promotion with Crystal Palace and a World Cup spot with the Socceroos.

The popular 27-year-old Australian midfielder made a breakthrough first Socceroos appearance in over 18 months as a late substitute against Bahrain before an extended run against Japan last Wednesday.

And now the Crystal Palace man is setting his sights on a dream year in the build-up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

"Making the World Cup squad is a goal of mine for next season but at the moment I am just more of a squad player and it is up to me to make sure I do the best I can to stay in the squad," Carle told the Crystal Palace website.

"I would like to go up with Palace and then a World Cup squad place to follow, but there is a lot of hard work needed to be done between now and then."

Carle, who has struggled for opportunities with the national team since Pim Verbeek took over, admitted he was hungry for more Socceroos action.

"There's no better feeling and it's the biggest aim you could have when you are with your national side and being part of the squad is brilliant," Carle said.

"I have been working really hard and got straight into training in Sydney after the season finished and then went to Doha and Qatar with the squad.

"It's been excellent to be around the squad when we qualified for the World Cup and I just need to get some game time under my belt."

No comments: