Friday, July 10, 2009

Coyne Walks Out On Colchester

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

Perth Glory are on the verge of pulling off another major signing after target Chris Coyne had his Colchester United contract terminated today by mutual consent.

The 30-year-old Perth-raised Socceroo now looks likely to agree terms with Glory and seal his move back to Australia.

Coyne, who was contracted until 2011 with the Us, said on the Colchester website: "Unfortunately, after 18 months here, it's time to move on.

"It was made clear that I wasn't going to play week in, week out and I felt that I had to look at that and address it.

"Also, there isn't much of a chance for the Australian manager to watch League One football but in Australia, I'm guaranteed to play 27 games in front of him."

Coyne's latter comment indicates he has decided against a switch to the Middle East and instead will return to Australia, with Glory clearly his most likely destination.

The Socceroo added: "I really enjoyed playing at Layer Road and coming to the new stadium was fantastic for the club. I think they'll push on this year and I wish them all the best."

No comments: