Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Schwarzer: Fulham Could Lose Me

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

Socceroos hero Mark Schwarzer has admitted his future may not be with Fulham as he enters into the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage.

The 36-year-old Socceroos star enjoyed a wonderful debut season with the Cottagers last term having joined the London club from Middlesbrough in June 2008.

But Schwarzer, who recently claimed he wants to play for several years yet, acknowledged the club may not be willing to offer him the deal he wants as he moves into the second season of his two-year contract at Fulham.

"We haven't spoken about a new deal yet and, while I'm extremely happy at a club that's given me a new lease on life, there is a possibility I could move on a free transfer at the end of my contract," Schwarzer said.

"I haven't ruled anything in or out. My main priority right now is to push through to the next World Cup.

"If I'm still on top of my game and enjoying things, then of course I will look to continue at the top level for at least another year beyond that."

No comments: