Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kilkenny Sticking With Leeds

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

Beijing Olyroo Neil Kilkenny has re-iterated his commitment to Leeds United and claimed he's desperate to win promotion with the League One club.

Championship club Doncaster Rovers made an enquiry about the 23-year-old Australian midfielder earlier in the European summer but Kilkenny admits he's happy at Elland Road.

"I have two years left on my contract here and I like it at this club," Kilkenny told the Leeds United official website.

"I'm settled here, it's a good club and it's nice to be a part of the manager's plans."

Several English clubs were reportedly interested in Kilkenny during last January's transfer window when he was out of favour with Leeds boss Simon Grayson.

But the Australian worked hard on the training paddock and won his place back in the Leeds first-team before a push for promotion fell just short.

"I came here because it's a big club and I want to do well here and hope I have a part to play in getting us promoted," he said. "If we can get into the next division this club can really take off again and I really want to be a part of that."

No comments: