Monday, October 12, 2009

Garcia Fighting His Way Back

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

Forgotten Socceroo Richard Garcia says his comeback is near after seriously damaging knee ligaments during pre-season training with his Premier League club Hull City.

The 28-year-old Australian hasn't played for the Tigers first-team since they dramatically survived the drop on the final day of last season back in May.

But the Perth-born right-winger believes he is close to a return to action after his long injury layoff.

"I'm not far off training, probably a couple of weeks," Garcia told Tigers Player. "After that, it's just a case of getting fit and getting my sharpness back. We'll take things from there."

Garcia, who hasn't appeared in green and gold since the 0-0 draw in Qatar in June, acknowledges the injury has come at a frustrating time for him with Hull set for a difficult second season in the top flight and with a World Cup spot up for grabs with the Socceroos in 2010.

He added: "I have to concentrate on getting back into the Hull City team and trying to play some good games. If I do that, hopefully I will be selected for the (Australian) squad and that would be a dream come true for me.

"It's been a very, very frustrating time for me. It's not nice sitting on the sidelines, especially when you see everybody else outside on the training pitch.

"I just want to come back and be able to add something to the team. Hopefully that will happen."

No comments: