Friday, October 16, 2009

McGowan Scores On Ayr Debut

as seen on au.fourfourtwo.com

Young Socceroo Ryan McGowan has scored on his debut after moving from Scottish Premier League club Hearts to second tier Ayr United on a three-month loan deal.

The 20-year-old Adelaide-born defender began his stint at Ayr in style with a goal in their 2-2 draw with Dundee on Wednesday in the Scottish First Division.

McGowan only just returned to Scotland after playing for Australia in the under-20s World Cup in Egypt, where he was sent off in the opening game against the Czech Republic.

The youngster, who was handed the number 17 shirt at Hearts in July after a good pre-season, is chasing first-team football having not broken into the Jambos side this campaign despite making his debut for them on the final day of the 2007-08 season.

McGowan told the official Hearts website, "This will be a good move for me as I need to be playing games. Hopefully being at Ayr will help my game and in turn I can help Ayr climb the table.

"I am due to come back to Hearts in January when I hope to stake a claim for first team involvement again."

No comments: